7. April 2013 12:10
If you are looking for the ultimate pet-friendly campground in the United States you may not have to look any farther than North Carolina. Just minutes away from the metropolitan areas of Rutherfordton, Spindale and Forest City in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains,is Four Paws Pet Kingdom. Four Paws Pet Kingdom claims that it is “The First and Only Dog Dedicated Campground in the U.S." We could find nothing to dispute that.
Four Paws campground is on 34 acres in the foothills of the Blue RidgeMountains. Now, you don’t HAVE to have a dog to camp here but FourPaws sure makes it appealing if you do. Let’s take a closer look at how.
Four Paws has many of the standard campground amenities including fire rings, free wi-fi, and full hook-ups, and they also provide cable TV hookups that include…The Animal Planet. What really makes Four Paws Pet Kingdom stand out however are the amenities for dogs. They include:
- A fully fenced dog park with a huge off-leash, free run area
- Fully fenced agility fun playground for all
- The Rally-O Obedience Arena
- A separate fully fenced playground for small dogs
- Fully fenced "Linus Creek Park" an off -leash free run area with Creek access.
- A fully fenced championship size agility ring and equipment
- Doggy bathhouse and grooming stations
- 16 acres of on-leash hiking trails
- A doggy swim pond for swimming, splashing and exploring
- Treats and more at Doggy Check-in
There are also dog walking services available. Private obedience training and behavior and agility training classes can be provided by their resident trainer for a fee.
Four Paws season is the end of March through early December. Just about every weekend there are activities and events. There are pet costume contests, karaoke, potlucks, crafts and a variety of themed parties. Be advised that they are closed for “The dog days of summer” from July 29th through August 22nd.
Four Paws Pet Kingdom has only been in existence for 10 years. Because of their location in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains they strongly suggestyou call them for the best directions, particularly if you are driving a big rig. If you are looking to truly share your RV experience with Fido, Four Paws Pet Kingdom is certainly worth a look. They seem to enjoy their work!
Do you have a pet that enjoys RV camping as much as you do? We think they may have found a new destination!